Thursday, December 08, 2005

Another Tragedy...

This is unbelievably tragic…
I’m talking about the airplane that crashed into a residential building in Tehran today. I was just looking at the pictures on BBC website. Horrifying! Most of the passengers were reporters and journalists and now they are all gone?
And most of the residents of that building are injured and we don't know how many of them have passed away...


Emily Dickinson (1830–86).

Part Four: Time and Eternity

XXVII


BECAUSE I could not stop for Death, 1
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove, he knew no haste, 5
And I had put away
My labor, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school where children played
At wrestling in a ring; 10
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible, 15
The cornice but a mound.

Since then ’t is centuries; but each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses’ heads
Were toward eternity. 20






I didn’t know any of them. But I miss them….

Dreamhost Coupons