Monday, January 02, 2006

If I were a Singer...

ani.jpg
“Why can’t all decent men and women call themselves ‘feminist’;
Out of respect for those who fought for this?
I mean look around!”
I love Ani Difranco and I love her voice, the lyrics of her songs and her music! She is such a feminist!
Ani wants to sing the life of the streets; the life of nations. She sings the songs of people having to cope with power or its absence. She is a singer for those who absorb life through loneliness, pain and complexities of relationships. Her voice is deep and strong! She is a human singer! I think she doesn’t romanticize humanity. She talks about it in a very realistic, intimate and straightforward manner!
One of her famous quotes is,
“My idea of feminism is self-determination, and it's very open-ended: every woman has the right to become herself, and do whatever she needs to do.”
And another one is:
“Taken out of context I must seem so strange”.
And one more quote;
“They taught me different was wrong”.

Ani was born in Buffalo, New York in 1970. She started to play Beatle’s covers with her guitar at age nine in bars. At age fifteen she left home and supported herself mainly through vocal performances. She started her own recording company with very little money when she was eighteen and she officially began her wonderful career.
I wish to leave hesitation behind and speak out fearlessly like Ani one day!

Dreamhost Coupons