Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Writing our Body!



I am reading an article for one of my literature classes. The article is called " The Laugh of the Medusa" by Helene Cixous(b.1938)who is an alegerian-french feminist author and professor. Although this article was written in a different time and place, I think that it speaks to what the Iranian woman could do in terms of presenting herself in her wirtings. She begins her article with the following sentences:

" I shall speak about women's writing: about what it will do. Woman must write her self: must write about women and bring women to writing, from which they have been driven away as violently as from their bodies-for the same reasons, by the same law, with the same fatal goal. Woman must put herself into the text- as into the world and into history-by her movement".


Reading those lines inspires me to write and write and write freely. It reminds me of all that I will have to do as a woman, as an Iranian and as a member of the diaspora.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dreamhost Coupons