Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Iran...Our Iran....



I am worried. I am scared. I am proud to be a member of a generation that is couragously creating history. I am ashamed for not being among them in the streets of Tehran. In the past 10 days, I have only lived "Iran". My heart and my thoughts only belong to Iran and those who are being injured and killed in the streets of Iran.

I have just arrived in Bangladesh and while everything around me in this country is new and fascinating, I cannot help but to think of my own countries. Many have been killed in the past few days. A very young and beautiful girl was killed.

What could we do? I cannot stop crying. The internet is too slow here and I cannot follow the news as closely as I would like to. What is happening in our Iran? I hope there is a happy ending whatever that may be.

Today, I am proud to be Iranian and I wish I could do my part to help and to voice the demands of the youth. Live has not determined the fate of being in Iran right now. But I will do what I can to inform those around me about what goes on in Iran....

My favorite Iranian film director and artist, Mohsen Makhmalbaf has urged all Iranians who live abroad to think of themselves as ambassadors of Iran and to use our connections and reputation to spread the news about Iran and to speak out about the violence that is being enforced.

Let us hope for a Iran that is clear of violenec and injustice....What else could I do all the way from Bangladesh right now other than listening to Mohsen Makhmalbaf's piece of advice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Dreamhost Coupons